Research Computing Services (RCS) provides researchers with the support, expertise and resources necessary to conduct research computing at Carleton.
RCS personnel will support and assist researchers in using Advanced Research Computing (ARC) and High-Performance resources available on- and off-campus. This support includes tutorials, training, workshops as well as assistance with porting and optimizing existing code.
Services offered include:
- Provide a single point of contact for research-related requests to ITS.
- Offer access to open and commercial software through the Research Computing and Development Cloud (RCDC). Software packages available include: IBM Cognos Business Intelligence, IBM SPSS Statistics, MathWorks’ Matlab, Stata/SE and MPI. Software can be installed and configured upon request (subject to licensing requirements). The RCDC can also be used by researchers for their research computing needs as well as to develop new code and applications. More information on the RCDC
- Support the joint Data Science program. Participate in the design, measurement, collection, sampling and statistical analysis of research data and results.
- Offer tutoring, training, workshops and support scientific researchers, staff and students regarding HPC and Advanced Research Computing (ARC) resources.
- Assist researchers with the porting, optimization and running of code or applications.
- Consult and interact with faculty and their research groups to enable them to fully utilize the ARC resources for their scientific research.
- Help faculty with grant proposals by contributing sections of the proposal that describe the interplay between their research and ARC resources.
- Assess and develop research tools including: collaborative data analysis, computational performance, data storage, and research collaboration.
- Work strategically and collaboratively with all information technology areas involved in successful research support and with research and technology leaders at schools and departments throughout the University.
Monday, January 16, 2017
Welcoming new addition to the RCS team: Ryan Taylor
I am pleased to announce a new addition to ITS starting Monday January 16th, 2017. Ryan Taylor has accepted the term position of Research Computing Specialist in our Research Computing Services (RCS)...
I am pleased to announce a new addition to ITS starting Monday January 16th, 2017. Ryan Taylor has accepted the term position of Research Computing Specialist in our Research Computing Services (RCS) group. Ryan has completed his Bachelor and Masters of Computer Science here at Carleton and has held several positions on campus since....
Friday, June 12, 2015
Welcoming new addition to the RCS team: Blake Henderson
I am pleased to announce a new addition to RCS starting Monday May 11th, 2015. Blake Henderson has accepted the position of System Administrator, Research Computing Services (RCS). Blake has over 20...
I am pleased to announce a new addition to RCS starting Monday May 11th, 2015. Blake Henderson has accepted the position of System Administrator, Research Computing Services (RCS). Blake has over 20 years of system administration experience, having been previously employed by the Communications Security Establishment (CSE) and Sun Microsystems of Canada....