Development of a new technological solution to improve nocturnal supervision of persons with dementia in retirement home settings
Project Lead: Frank Knoefel
- F. Knoefel, B Wallace, T. Nasser El Harake, L. Ault, B. Toonders, H. Sveistrup, R. Goubran, “Nocturnal Wandering Diversion: Preliminary Results from 8 Homes”, 12th World Conference of Gerontechnology 2020.
Exploring the relationship between nocturnal bed occupancy, breathing, and cognitive decline using pressure sensitive mats
Project Lead: Rafik Goubran
- B. Wallace, J. Larivière-Chartier, H. Liu, T. Sloan, R. Goubran, F. Knoefel, “Frequency Response of a Novel IR Based Pressure Sensitive Mat for Well-being Assessment”, The 20th IEEE International Conference on BioInformatics And BioEngineering (BIBE), 2020.
- B. Wallace, L. Ault, J. Larivière-Chartier, R. Goubran, F. Knoefel. “Assessment of Time in Bed and Overnight Bed Exits using and Bed Based Sensing”. 12th World Conference of Gerontechnology 2020.
- B. Wallace, L. Ault, J. Larivière-Chartier, R. Goubran, F. Knoefel, “Vital Sign and Well-being Assessment Using Bed Based Sensing”. 12th World Conference of Gerontechnology 2020.
Developing a response system for caregivers of persons with cognitive impairment using a home-based sensing and computing system
Project Lead: Neil Thomas
- L Ault, A Kachala, F Knoefel, A Frank, B Wallace, J Kaye, C Trudel, N Thomas, “Developing a Caregiver Feedback Response System using a Home-based Sensor Platform”. 12th World Conference of Gerontechnology 2020.
- S. Knappe, B. Wallace, L. Ault, F. Knoefel, R. Goubran, N. Thomas, “User Experience Design for Persons with Dementia – Current Methods and Experiential Experience”, accepted at The Twelfth International Conference on eHealth, Telemedicine, and Social Medicine (eTELEMED 2020), 2020.
Improving Access to Dementia Friendly Resources
Project Lead: Dean Henderson (DSORC)
This project has led to the launch of this new service by the Dementia Society https://dementia613.ca/