Technology Innovation Management (TIM) is a unique master’s program which is internationally known for successfully training aspiring entrepreneurs and technology innovation managers on creating wealth at the early stages of new companies or developing new business opportunities in existing firms. The program focuses on the launch and growth of new ventures using emerging technologies to make a difference on the marketplace, and the design and implementation of digital business transformation and growth seeking initiatives in existing companies.
The program provides benefits to founders of new companies, engineering, business and science professionals seeking more senior leadership roles at existing companies, and talented professionals building credentials and expertise for their next career move. The TIM program offers multiple hands-on and experiential learning opportunities by enabling students to engage in real life business contexts. It offers five different degrees in Technology Innovation Management, all offered jointly by the Sprott School of Business and the Faculty of Engineering and Design.
- The Master of Science (MSc) degree is thesis-based. Students undertake original research to address a highly relevant technology management issue under the supervision of an experienced faculty member.
- The Master of Engineering (MEng) degree is project-based. Students employ applied research to solve technology-related business problems for real-life companies or organizations.
- The Master of Applied Business Analytics (MABA) is a degree in the TIM program that targets individuals who want to specialize in the application of advanced business analytics tools to solving technology innovation management and entrepreneurship problems.
- The Master of Entrepreneurship (MEnt) degree is also project-based. Students employ applied research to shape the value propositions of new technology ventures, improve the health of business ecosystems that deliver specialized services to founders of new companies, or design new lines of business at existing companies.
- The Master of Digital Transformation & Entrepreneurship (MDTE) degree enables aspiring young professionals to acquire the leadership skills and competences needed to lead digital transformation initiatives in new and existing organizations; learn how new technologies such as blockchain, AI and IoT can be used to create new value propositions.