What We Do
Together, ACT and ACT to Employ provide career support to Carleton students with disabilities.
ACT assists students in career planning and career readiness, including career decision making, job readiness training, career documentation preparation, disclosure discussions, and interview preparation.
ACT to Employ assists in building capacity with our employer partners, demonstrating the potential of students with disabilities, and creating ongoing employer relationships while providing students with hands-on experiential learning opportunities to increase their employability skills, network connections, and confidence.
Who We Are
- An ACT Student Advisor who:
- Performs program intakes and follow-up meetings to help students through their career journey from career decision making, to documentation preparation, to interview preparation
- Provides ongoing support to students and alumni regarding career readiness and employability
- An ACT to Employ Student Advisor who:
- Performs program intakes, follow-up meetings, and work-site check-ins; and
- Is available to students during their ACT to Employ journey from indicating interest in the program all the way to reflecting on their work term
- An ACT to Employ Business Coordinator who:
- Recruits and educates hiring managers regarding accessibility and accommodation;
- Assists employers with creating and advertising accessible job postings, conducting accessible/alternative interviews, and implementing accommodation requests; and
- Provides assistance to supervisors as they support students through the work term.
Nicole Borges (ACT Advisor), Jenna Lambert (ACT to Employ Student Advisor),
and Amanda Hodgson (ACT to Employ and Student Employment Programs Coordinator)
Meet our team.
Are you a hiring manager or supervisor? Be a part of the program. Be an Employer Champion.