What We Do
Together, ACT and ACT to Employ provide career support to Carleton persons with disabilities.
ACT Advising supports students and alumni in career planning and career readiness, including career decision-making, job readiness training, career documentation preparation, disclosure discussions, and interview preparation.
ACT to Employ assists in building capacity with our employer partners, demonstrating the potential of students with disabilities, and creating ongoing employer relationships while providing students with hands-on experiential learning opportunities to increase their employability skills, network connections, and confidence.
Who We Are
- An ACT Student Advisor who:
- Provides follow-up meetings to help students and alumni through their career journey by assisting with career exploration strategies, job search strategies, documentation preparation, interview preparation and workplace accommodations
- An ACT to Employ Student Counsellor who:
- Performs program intakes, follow-up meetings, and work-site check-ins; and
- Is available to students during their ACT to Employ journey from indicating interest in the program all the way to reflecting on their work term
- An ACT to Employ Program Coordinator who:
- Recruits and educates hiring managers regarding accessibility and accommodation;
- Assists employers with creating and advertising accessible job postings, conducting accessible/alternative interviews, and implementing accommodation requests; and
- Provides assistance to supervisors as they support students through the work term
Nicole Borges (ACT Advisor), Jenna Lambert (ACT to Employ Student Counsellor),
and Amanda Hodgson (ACT to Employ and Student Employment Programs Coordinator)
Meet our team.
Are you a hiring manager or supervisor? Be a part of the program. Be an Employer Champion.