Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
A Panel on Canada-Sudan Relations
November 25, 2020 at 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
|Audience:||Alumni, Anyone, Carleton Community, Current Students, Faculty, Media, Prospective Students|
Sudan’s 2018-2019 successful Revolution ended a 30-year dictatorship, paving the way to democratization and sustainable development. This opportunity encourages us to strengthen relations between Sudan and the rest of the globe to allow Sudan to contribute to the world and benefit from the efforts of diasporas, global citizens and communities.
Many ties have been built between Canada and Sudan and their respective citizen, therefore, the present moment provides an opportunity to foster these connections further to help build a bright future.
This panel illuminates these issues by shedding light on the development of these relations and future plans and initiatives that could enhance political ties, public diplomacy, pluralism and migrants contributions to achieve the cherished goal of peace and prosperity.
- HE. Tariq Abusalih, Sudan’s Ambassador to Canada
- HE. Adrian Norfolk, Canada’s Ambassador to Sudan
- Dr. Sami Sharif, Deputy- Minister, Ministry of Higher Education, Sudan
- HE. Jacqueline O’Neill, Canada’s First Ambassador for Women, Peace & Security
- Mrs. Meredith Preston McGhie, Secretary General, Global Centre for Pluralism
Amal Madibbo is a visiting Professor in the Bachelor of Global and International Studies program at Carleton University.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/92529233175