The collaborative master’s program with a specialization in African Studies is especially designed for current Carleton master’s students in participating programs within the Faculties of Arts and Social Science, Public Affairs, and the Sprott School of Business who wish to enrich their training by developing expertise in the field of African Studies through interdisciplinary dialogue.
- is the only graduate level program in African Studies in Canada;
- offers experiential learning opportunities in Africa or in organizations working on African issues in the Ottawa-Gatineau region;
- provides students with interdisciplinary training and skills in the field of African Studies which provides further expertise for jobs in the public, private or non-governmental sector or to take further post-graduate or professional degrees.
The following programs participate in the collaborative master’s in African Studies. Students enrolled in these programs are welcome to submit an application.
- Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies
- Business Administration (MBA)
- French and Francophone Studies
- Film Studies
- Geography and Environmental Studies
- International Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Women’s and Gender Studies
For more information on the program, download our brochure.