Carleton University Institute of African Studies Undergraduate Conference
- When: October 17, 2015
- Time: All day
- Where: Dunton Tower Room 2017
- Cost: Free
- Intended Audience: Anyone
- Email Contact: email@example.com
- Facebook Page
The Institute of African Studies (IAS) at Carleton University is hosting its first Undergraduate research conference on 17th of October 2015. This event is organized by the Institute of African Studies Students Association (IASSA).
The goal of this one-day interdisciplinary conference is to provide a platform for future researchers in the field of African Studies. Topics that will be presented on that day will include:
- Globalization, Popular and Youth Culture
- Population, Displacement, Migration and Land
- Gender, Sexuality and Intersectionality
- Critiques of Imperialism, Colonialism and the Slave Trade
- Natural Resources and International Development
- Race, Identity, and Diaspora
- Crime, Security, and Political Leadership
- Environment and Conservation
There will be guest-speakers, cultural components, and an environment that fosters the kind of support and encouragement that undergraduate students treasure. It will also include lunch and coffee breaks will be provided throughout the day.
The conference will take place in the Carleton University’s Discover Centre on the fourth floor of the MacOdrum Library.
For directions, here is a link to our campus map
For general information, please email the organizing committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org