I-lluminate is a collection of short articles and/or stories devoted to illuminate and provide informed insights into a particular theme, inviting readers to reflect and revisit their current notion. It can be a dissection of a hot trendy topic, an exploration of a forgotten terrain, or a coverage of a pressing issue. It is curated by our own ALiGN researchers and affiliates or guest researchers who share their research experiences, stories, and perspectives.
Editorial team: Ghadah Alrasheed, Kathy Dobson, and Merlyna Lim.
Issue 2: Becoming Migration Researchers (Sep 2019)
- Introduction: Becoming Migration Researchers: Disquieting Borders with Auto-Ethnography by Laura Bisaillon [p.1-6] [PDF]
- From Vietnam to Canada: Exploring through Photographs, Footprints and Fingertips by Danica Bui [p.7-12] [PDF]
- Language Past, Present and Future: Being Memon, Expressing Life in Kutchi by Fatema Motiwala [p.13-15] [PDF]
- From Asia to North America: Praying Here, There, and Everywhere by Fatima Haque [p.16-19] [PDF]
- Growing Up in a Bengali Kitchen by Nawrose Khan [p.20-23] [PDF]
- A Song for My Mother: No Turning Back by Sarah Syed [p.24-27] [PDF]
Issue 1: Exploring the Dark Web (Feb 2019)
- Exploring the Dark Web: Public Perceptions by Scott Mitchell [p.1-3] [PDF]
- Exploring the Dark Web: TOR for Activism by Nasreen Rajani [p.4-7] [PDF]
- Exploring the Dark Web: Where Terrorists Hide by Ghadah Alrasheed and Brandon Rigato [p.8-11] [PDF]
- Exploring the Dark Web: A Cloak for Journalists and their Sources by Kathy Dobson [p.12-14] [PDF]