We invite you to join Ānako!
Kwey, Taanshi, Aanii, Tunngasugit, Hello!
Would you be interested in joining the Ānako Indigenous Research Institute? In shaping its path? Could you help with upcoming events (including research talks, film screenings, or the annual student symposium)? Do you have ideas to contribute?
We welcome all interested community, student and faculty researchers to be involved in Ānako! Please get in touch on our website and fill out our short online survey if you are interested, available to contribute, or have any questions or feedback for us.
Launch of New Institute
Carleton’s Ānako Indigenous Research Institute will bring together researchers, students, and Indigenous communities to foster dialogue and understanding of ethical, balanced, and respectful research with Indigenous peoples and in Indigenous territories.
Ānako’s launch in the summer of 2021 responds to the the Calls to Action laid out in the Kinàmàgawin (Learning Together) Report and builds upon the foundations laid from 1993 onwards by Carleton’s Centre for Indigenous Research, Culture, Language and Education (CIRCLE).
Ānako’s Upcoming Initiatives for 2021-22
With generous funding for the coming 2021-22 year being provided by the Office of the Assistant Vice President of Indigenous Initiatives, we are excited to be planning for a number of research events and initiatives in the coming year:
- Visiting Scholar in Indigenous research methodologies
- Directory of Indigenous research projects
- Student-Researcher mentorship opportunities
- Student research & writing groups
- Indigenous Community Research Exchange Hub (annual event)
- Student Symposium (annual event)
- Research talks & film screenings
- Grant-writing training & assistance
- Indigenous Research Ethics Board