Research Assistant; 2019-2021; Project: Performance of Pavements with Cement Stabilized Layer Using MEPDG Program and LTPP Data; Current Position: Postdoc, University of Florida, USA
My name is Shahbaz Khan. I obtained a master’s degree in infrastructure engineering from CRRI of Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, in New Delhi, India. My research interests include pavement materials, pavement designs, and pavement performance evaluation. I have contributed to a number of technical papers that were presented at reputable conferences.
- Ph.D., CRRI, India
- M. Tech. (Infrastructure Engineering), Central Road Research Institute (CRRI), New Delhi, India
- B. Eng. (Civil Engineering), Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India
- Second Prize, 2013 Poster Presentation, MNIT Jaipur, India
- First Prize in Development of Project Proposal, CSIR-CRRI, New Delhi, 2013
- Member of Review Committee for Conference on Accelerated Pavement Testing Facility, Costa Rica, 2016
- Pavement materials, pavement designs, MEPDG, long term pavement performance (LTPP) data modeling
- Khan S, Ashish P K, Kannelli V, Hossain K, Nagabhushana M N, Tiwari D. (2022). Potential Application of Over-Burnt Brick and Fly Ash for Sustainable Inverted Pavement Structure. Construction and Building Materials. Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2022.128298
- Khan S, Nagabhushana M N, Hossain K, Tiwari D, Guruvittal U K, Bazan C. (2022). Performance Evaluation of Fly Ash–Based Inverted Pavement System. ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part B: Pavements. https://ascelibrary.org/doi/10.1061/JPEODX.0000363
- Khan, S., Nagabhushana, M. N., Tiwari, D., Hossain, K.,& Guruvittal, U. K. (2019). Performance Evaluation of Inverted Pavement for Low Volume Roads. Road Materials and Pavement Design. Under Review.
- Khan, S., Nagabhushana, M. N., Tiwari, D., & Jain, P. K. (2016). Comparison of Uni and Bi-directional Load Induced Rutting in Flexible Pavement with Accelerated Pavement Testing Facility (APTF). Transportation Research Procedia. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2016.11.106
- Nagabhushana, M. N., Khan, S., Mittal, A., & Tiwari, D. (2016). Potential Benefits of APTF for Evaluation of Flexible Pavement for Its Permanent Deformation Behaviour. In The Roles of Accelerated Pavement Testing in Pavement Sustainability(pp. 227-239). Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42797-3_15
- Khan, S., Nagabhushana, M. N., Vittal, U.K, (2017). Use of Fly Ash in Low Volume Road, World Road Meeting, International Road Federation, New Delhi.
- Khan, S., Nagabhushana, M. N., Tiwari, D., & Jain, P. K. (2015). Effect of Higher axle load on the flexible pavement performance in India using Heavy Vehicle Simulator, International Conference on Road and Airfield Pavement, Dallian, China
- Khan, S., Nagabhushana, M. N., Tiwari, D., & Jain, P. K. (2014). Comparative analysis of bituminous overlay design thickness using Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) and Benkelman beam deflection (BBD) method, 3rd Conference of Transportation Research Group, Kolkata, India.