Program: M. Eng. (Thesis); 2020-2022; Thesis Title: Rheology and Surface Free Energy of Modified Asphalt Binder Containing Anti-stripping Additives; Current Position: WSP, Canada
Towhidul Islam is a Master of Engineering student in pavement engineering at the Memorial University. He completed his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with major in transportation engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). He also served as a Lecturer of Civil Engineering department at Port City International University, Chittagong, Bangladesh. He has been working on Development of Improved Asphalt Mixture for the City of St. John’s: A Memorial University-City of St. John’s joint Study.
- M. Eng. (Civil Engineering-Transportation), Memorial University, Canada
- B. Sc. Eng. (Civil Engineering), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh
- Dean List Award
- Award from Math Olympiad
- Pavement Materials and Design, smart pavement, pavement performance and sustainability, highway maintenance and roadway safety.
- Rahman, S., Farnaz, T. and Islam, T. (2019). Experimental Investigation of Concrete by Partial Replacement of Sand with Red Soil. In 5th International Conference on Engineering Research, Innovation And Education (ICERIE 2019). Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- Islam, T. (2020). An Investigation on the Suitability of the Broken Tiles as Coarse Aggregates in Concrete Production. In 2nd International Conference on Research & Innovation in Civil Engineering (ICRICE 2020). Chittagong, Bangladesh. Abstract accepted.