Note: Your Carleton University Campus Card cannot be accepted as valid identification for the purpose of picking up a loan certificate, submitting an MSFAA to a designated Canada Post, or obtaining your OAN.
Certain actions or requests regarding your government student aid will require you to present two forms of identification;
When will I be required to present these two pieces of I.D?
Anytime you visit the Awards Office to discuss your government student aid, you should be prepared to present photo I.D (Your student card is acceptable). Certain requests or actions will require you to present both government photo I.D and proof of your SIN. These include, but are not limited to;
1. Picking up a loan/grant certificate (including Out of Province)
2. Taking your MSFAA to a designated Canada Post
3. Obtaining your OAN
4. Having your password reset to gain access to the OSAP website
1. One piece of valid photo ID issued in Canada by the federal, or a provincial or territorial, government (a legible photocopy is acceptable).
- Examples: a valid driver’s license, passport, provincial health card with photo, Ontario photo ID card, permanent residency or citizenship card, etc.
2. Proof of Sin
For proof of your Social Insurance Number, you must submit either:
- A Social Insurance Number (SIN) card, or
- SIN Confirmation letter issued by the Government of Canada, or
- Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions, or
- Temporary SIN card
No SIN Card?
If your SIN card has been lost or stolen contact HRDC to request a SIN Confirmation letter. Find out how at Service Canada.
HRDC Locations in Ottawa
|L’Esplanade Laurier Building
300 Laurier Ave. W.
|Ottawa East||Beacon Hill Shopping Centre
2339 Ogilvie Road
|Ottawa West||Lincoln Fields Shopping Centre
2525 Carling Ave.
HRDC Locations in Quebec
|Gatineau||150-85 Bellehumeur||(819) 568-4055|
|Hull||920 St. Joseph Blvd.||(819) 953-2830|