Biochemistry is the study of the chemical processes and transformations in living organisms, including the structure and function of cellular components such as proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and other biomolecules. Researchers at the Institute of Biochemistry utilize a wide variety of approaches, experimental systems, and techniques to tackle outstanding problems in our biochemical knowledge.
Enzyme Structure and Function:
- Dr. Kyle Biggar (Protein biochemistry)
- Dr. Jenny Bruin (Diabetes, xenobiotic metabolism)
- Dr. Ken Storey (Freeze tolerance)
- Dr. Bill Willmore (Oxidative stress)
- Dr. Alex Wong (Antibiotic discovery and resistance)
Analytical Chemistry of Biomolecules: