Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
CLUE Symposium 2021 – DAY 2
February 3, 2021 at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Location:||RSVP on Zoom|
Advanced RSVP required to attend via Zoom.
The NSERC CREATE Collaborative Learning of Usability Experiences (CLUE) training program is hosting a final symposium online, with sessions over 3 days, to allow students, industry and government partners to share their experience, knowledge, network, and further their UX knowledge.
DAY 2, WED, Feb 3, 2021, 10:00am – 12:00pm
10:10 Ask Me Anything – with Government Partners
- Andrew Law, NRC – Research Council Officer
- Ryan Hum, VP of Data and Chief Information Officer at Canada Energy Regulator
- Kathryn Burke, Manager Usability Testing, Client Experience – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
- Reham Mohamed – Senior User Experience Researcher, Client Experience at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
10:40 Student Research Talks
There will be a short question and answer session after each section.
- Neda Fayazi – Creating Emotional Attachment with Hearing Aids as an Assistive Wearable
- Daniela Napoli – Something Doesn’t Feel Right: Using Thermal Warnings to Improve User Security Awareness
- Adrian Bolesnikov – Board Game Accessibility for People with Vision Impairments: Understanding the experiences of tangible gaming for people with vision impairments
- Gerry Chan – Player Matching for Social Exergame Retention: A Group Personality Composition Perspective
- Andrei Torres – Gamified Educational Network
- Eric Spero – UIs for building mental models of cybersecurity
- Lin Kyi – End User Mental Models of Emerging Social Engineering Attacks
Flying and driving:
- Alexia Ziccardi – A Language-oriented Analysis of Situation Awareness in Pilots in High-Fidelity Flight Simulation
- Melanie Turabian – Electroencephalography shows effects of age in response to oddball auditory signals: Implications for semi-autonomous vehicle alerting systems for older drivers
- Oluchi Audu – Comparing the acceptance and physical responses to 2-D and 3-D virtual reality flight simulation in older and younger licensed pilots.
This is a 3 day event. RSVP to each Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 separately.