The Office of Quality Initiatives and Human Resources conducted consultations across the University community in March and April of 2021. These consultations focused on workplace strategies that can support faculty and staff in the present context.
Every effort was made to ensure a representative sample, with representation from all employee groups. In addition, to ensure that employees felt comfortable to speak freely during the consultation, OQI conducted separate consultations for managers and staff. Separate consultations were also organized for those who are currently working remotely and those whose work requires them to be on campus.
So far we have 22 consultations completed, with over 400 attendees:
- Union Execs
- Managers – cross-functional
- Staff – cross-functional
- all 6 faculties – FASS, FED, FGPA, FPA, FS, Sprott
- Several intact teams – OQI, TLS, Human Resources
- Academic Departmental administrators
- Several Management Teams – FMP, ITS, Students and Enrolment, Advancement, President’s Office, Research and International
As well, we have collected online feedback option for people who couldn’t attend.