Prof. Dehne is a distinguished researcher in data science and parallel computing. Most of his work is interdisciplinary and collaborative. He specializes in parallel algorithms design for cloud computing, multi-core processors, and GPUs to create high-performance computing systems for solving data-intensive and computationally hard problems in bioinformatics, business data analytics, and computational engineering.
- 2009 – current: Chancellor’s Professor of Computer Science
- 2015 – 2022: Founding Director, Institute For Data Science
- 2010 – 2020: Fellow, IBM Centre For Advanced Studies, Toronto
- 2000 – 2003 and 2006 – 2008: Director, School of Computer Science
- 1986 – 2009: Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor of Computer Science
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Würzburg, Germany, 1986
- BCS & MCS, RWTH Aachen University, Germany, 1983