The Department of University Communications provides various resources for Carleton University faculty and staff. Please select from the menu below:
- Media Training
- Event Management
- Faculty-Staff Intranet
- Experts on Call
- LED Signs
- Project Request Form
- Brand Standards Guide (PDF)
- PowerPoint Template (PPT)
- PowerPoint Template (POTX)
- Memo Template (DOC)
- Name Badges Request Form
Please complete a Name Badge Request Form through eShop. Enter the name, department and position of the person getting the badge in the blank areas indicated. If you need badges for more than one person, please complete one form for each badge. You can do a combination of name and position or name and department.
- Carleton University Quick Facts – Sept. 2018 (PDF)
- Carleton University’s Official YouTube channel
- Protecting Against Copyright Infringement on YouTube (PDF)
- Media Advisory Request Form
- Event Budget Template (XLS)
- Event Workplan (DOC)
- Photo Consent Form (PDF)
The Faculty-Staff Intranet
The Faculty-Staff Intranet is a secure network for faculty, staff and contract instructors to remain up-to-date with daily campus news and events. Employees may also gain access to their HR information (leave balances, access to benefits forms and job postings), subscribe to news feeds and personalize their profile, to name a few.
Logging into the Faculty-Staff Intranet will activate your subscription to Carleton’s Top 5 daily newsletter.
Experts on Call
Carleton University is home to experts in fields spanning engineering and design, science, the arts and social sciences, public affairs and business. Click here for more information.
Looking to get the word out to the media about your research or projects? Contact Beth Gorham at ext. 2234.
You can also submit a story idea to the department by filling out this form.
Need a poster distributed to the campus community?
The Department of University Communications no longer distributes posters. But you are welcome to post them on any of our 17 University News and Events bulletin boards across campus. Please be aware that the bulletin boards are only for the use of Carleton staff, faculty and students. The boards are emptied at the end of each month. Your posters should adhere to Carleton’s regulations under its posting policy, which can be found by clicking here.
These are the 17 University News and Events bulletin boards across campus:
- St. Patrick’s Building (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Commons #1 (Level 2 – public hallway)
- Commons #2 (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Mackenzie Building (Level 2 – public hall 2200)
- Minto Case Building (Level 2 – public corridor)
- Maintenance Building (Level 1 – hallway 110)
- Athletics (By the Fitness Centre)
- Nesbitt Biology Building (Level 2 – public hallway 213/236)
- Steacie Building (Level 2 – public hallway 202)
- River Building (Main level – Steacie Building junction)
- Herzberg Building (Level 2 – public hallway 2220)
- Loeb Building (Level 2 – public hallway)
- Social Science Research Building (Level 1 – public hallway 122)
- Paterson Hall (Level 1 – public corridor)
- Dunton Tower (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Azrieli Pavilion (Level 2 – public hallway 173)
- University Centre Building (Level 4 – Galleria)
LED signs are available to promote important events and initiatives on campus. Make a submission.
Please note: Due to technical and mechanical issues, the Bronson sign is temporarily out of order. However, all other internal LEDs are functioning. Please proceed to fill in the submission form if you wish to display a message to the internal community.