The Department of University Communications provides various resources for Carleton University faculty and staff. Please select from the menu below.
- Products / Desktop Publishing
- Templates (letterhead, report cover, powerpoint)
- Name Badges Request Form
Please complete a Name Badge Request Form through eShop. Enter the name, department and position of the person getting the badge in the blank areas indicated. If you need badges for more than one person, please complete one form for each badge. You can do a combination of name and position or name and department.
- Faculty-Staff Intranet
The Faculty-Staff Intranet is a secure network for faculty, staff and contract instructors to remain up-to-date with daily campus news and events. Employees may also gain access to their HR information (leave balances, access to benefits forms and job postings), subscribe to news feeds and personalize their profile, to name a few.
Logging into the Faculty-Staff Intranet will activate your subscription to Carleton’s Top 5 daily newsletter.
- Posting on University News and Events Bulletin Boards
The Department of University Communications (DUC) manages the bulletin boards across campus titled “University News and Events.” Posters must adhere to the university’s Posting Policy, which can be found online.
Posters must not display threatening, obscene, hateful, or harassing content. Posters must conform to all university policies including, but not limited to, those that govern dissemination of information and freedom of expression and human rights. Boards will be regularly inspected by DUC and any posters found to be in violation of the posting policy will be removed at the discretion of DUC.
Contact DUC if you are unsure if your poster is in compliance with the posting policy by emailing Tara.Jackson@carleton.ca.
DUC does not distribute posters. Posters should not overlap other bulletins or be posted to a board more than once. Poster size should not exceed 11×14 inches. Only adhesives and push pins that are easily removed should be used.
All “University News and Events” bulletin boards are cleared of all posters on the last working day of each month. Groups who wish to re-use their posters are encouraged to remove their notices on the day prior to removal.
Posters do not require a date stamp, however, the posters should be removed by organizers after the event date has passed. Posters may remain on a board for a maximum of four weeks or up until the last working day of the month.
The locations of “University News and Events” bulletin boards are as follows:
- St. Patrick’s Building (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Commons #1 (Level 2 – public hallway)
- Commons #2 (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Mackenzie Building (Level 2 – public hall 2200)
- Minto Case Building (Level 2 – public corridor)
- Maintenance Building (Level 1 – hallway 110)
- Athletics (By the Fitness Centre)
- Nesbitt Biology Building (Level 2 – public hallway 213/236)
- Steacie Building (Level 2 – public hallway 202)
- River Building (Main level – Steacie Building junction)
- Herzberg Building (Level 2 – public hallway 2220)
- Loeb Building (Level 2 – public hallway)
- Social Science Research Building (Level 1 – public hallway 122)
- Paterson Hall (Level 1 – public corridor)
- Dunton Tower (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Azrieli Pavilion (Level 2 – public hallway 173)
- University Centre Building (Level 4 – Galleria)