The Department of University Communications provides various resources for Carleton University faculty and staff. Please select from the menu below.
- Event Management
Click here for resources and information pertaining to Virtual Events.
Media Advisory Request Form
Do you want to invite journalists to your event? Simply fill out the Media Advisory Request Form to begin. A staff member of the Department of University Communications will work with you to create an advisory.
Photo Consent Form
Looking to publish a subject’s photo or information on your department’s website or materials? In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), you are required to obtain the individual’s consent using the Photo Consent Form.
- Photo Consent Form (PDF)
Looking to get the word out to the media about your research or projects? Contact Beth Gorham at ext. 2234.
Submit a Story
Need a poster distributed to the campus community?
The Department of University Communications no longer distributes posters. But you are welcome to post them on any of our 18 University News and Events bulletin boards across campus. Please be aware that the bulletin boards are only for the use of Carleton staff, faculty and students. The boards are emptied at the end of each month.
Please note: Your posters should adhere to Carleton’s regulations under its posting policy, which can be found by clicking here.
These are the 18 University News and Events bulletin boards across campus:
- St. Patrick’s Building (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Commons #1 (Level 2 – public hallway)
- Commons #2 (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Mackenzie Building (Level 2 – public hall 2200)
- Minto Case Building (Level 2 – public corridor)
- Maintenance Building (Level 1 – hallway 110)
- Athletics (By the Fitness Centre)
- Nesbitt Biology Building (Level 2 – public hallway 213/236)
- Steacie Building (Level 2 – public hallway 202)
- River Building (Main level – Steacie Building junction)
- Herzberg Building (Level 2 – public hallway 2220)
- Loeb Building (Level 2 – public hallway)
- Social Science Research Building (Level 1 – public hallway 122)
- Paterson Hall (Level 1 – public corridor)
- Dunton Tower (Level 1 – public hallway)
- Azrieli Pavilion (Level 2 – public hallway 173)
- University Centre Building (Level 4 – Galleria)
- Tory Building (Level 2 – public hallway)
- Products / Desktop Publishing
- Memo Template (DOC)
- Name Badges Request Form
Please complete a Name Badge Request Form through eShop. Enter the name, department and position of the person getting the badge in the blank areas indicated. If you need badges for more than one person, please complete one form for each badge. You can do a combination of name and position or name and department.
- Carleton University Quick Facts – Nov. 2019 (PDF)
- Faculty-Staff Intranet
The Faculty-Staff Intranet is a secure network for faculty, staff and contract instructors to remain up-to-date with daily campus news and events. Employees may also gain access to their HR information (leave balances, access to benefits forms and job postings), subscribe to news feeds and personalize their profile, to name a few.
Logging into the Faculty-Staff Intranet will activate your subscription to Carleton’s Top 5 daily newsletter.