- To investigate how digital media alters the form of literature and the arts.
- To help students understand and master new digital literacies.
- To explore new digital tools for studying and analyzing texts and culture.
The minor in Digital Humanities allows students to explore how new media are changing every aspect of culture and society, including literature and the arts, libraries and archives, politics, law and education. Courses will explore topics such as:
- the fate of reading and writing in the age of twitter, blogs and e-books
- how social media is altering our individual and collective identities
- how digital networks are changing popular culture
- how to read a million books
For more details, including a list of courses that will satisfy the Minor in Digital Humanities requirements, please click here.