Searching for a clinical placement?
Come gain valuable experience as part of your educational program
FITA is a strong believer in creating a positive environment that helps a new generation of therapists gain the necessary skills and experience for a successful career in the mental health field. Many of our counsellors are Masters degree students completing internship/placement requirements for their programs of study, and all of our staff therapists have gone through a FITA internship as well.
Who we accept
We accept graduate students from various programs, including Counselling Psychology, Educational Counselling, Counselling and Spirituality, and Social Work. We continue to accept students from the University of Ottawa, St. Paul’s University, and Carleton University.
What you can expect as a FITA intern:
- 2 consecutive semesters per placement
- At least 3 days/week
- Between 4 and 6 client contacts per day, including opportunities for individual counselling and administering psychometric testing.
- Various professional development opportunities
- Dedicated clinical supervision
- More than enough hours to meet degree requirements.
- An internship experience that meets the requirements for professional governing bodies, such as the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), and the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
- Being part of a fun, close-knit team
Who to contact?
If you are a graduate student and interested in joining FITA as an intern, please contact Genna Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.