Imagining a world that challenges inequality and celebrates diversity
Inspired by the success of our 2017 conference, Visions for Canada 2042, the Faculty of Public Affairs will be exploring a new topic in the new year:Visions for Equality.
This one-day conference will feature interdisciplinary panel discussions on topics such as:
- Perspectives of Gender and Equality
- Because it’s 2018: Feminism, Law and Equality in the Trudeau Era
- It’s Still Cold in Here: Visions for Campus Equality
- Revolutionary and Post-Revolutionary Visions of Equality
- Equality in Our World: Global or International Approaches?
- Building Equity or Inequality? International Development in Theory, Practice and Education
- The Shadow Side of Equality
The Faculty of Public Affairs is home to a robust community of researchers who are internationally known and recognized in their fields. We invite you to join us for this day-long discussion on one of our society’s most pressing issues.
|8:00 – 8:45||Arrive / Mingle|
|8:45 – 9:00||Welcoming Remarks|
|9:00 – 10:15||Perspectives of Gender and Equality||Revolutionary and Post-Revolutionary Visions of Equality|
|10:15 – 10:30||Break||Break|
|10:30 – 11:45||Intersectionality: Theory, Practice and Politics||Equality in Our World. Global or International Approaches?|
|11:45 – 13:00||Lunch Break in Atrium||Lunch Break in Atrium|
|13:00 – 14:15||Because it’s 2018: Feminism, Law and Equality in the Trudeau Era: Lessons for the Future||Building Equity or Inequality? International Development in Theory, Practice and Education|
|14:15 – 14:30||Break||Break|
|14:30 – 15:45||It’s Still Cold in Here: Visions for Campus Equality||The Shadow Side of Equality|
|15:45 – 17:30||Celebration Reception / Closing Remarks|