Interested in joining the team?
Are you a psychology student interested in gaining experience in a research lab?
The Carleton Goal Lab works with motivated, enthusiastic, and diligent students who have an interest in social psychological research! Volunteering as a Research Assistant (RA) provides valuable research experience that can help students succeed in their Honours Thesis projects and in future graduate studies. RAs are introduced to a range of research experiences, with some of the main tasks including: data entry, coding, running participants through in-lab studies, and reviewing study materials. Advanced training (e.g., research design, statistical training) may be available for exceptional students who commit to more than one semester.
Interested students should meet the following criteria to apply:
- Carleton University student (Psychology students preferred)
- At least 2nd year standing
- Successful completion of Research Methods (PSYC 2001) and Statistical Methods (PSYC 2002) is considered an asset
- Strong academic record (CGPA of 10 or higher preferred)
- Interest in social psychological research (check out our Goal Lab member profiles for specific research areas)
- Prepared to commit 6-10 hours per week to the lab
If you are interested in applying to become a volunteer with our lab, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request our online application.
Have other questions about our work or other opportunities with the Goal Lab? Please contact us! You can find Dr. Milyavskaya’s or other team members’ contact information in their respective profiles.