|Degrees:||B.A. (UL, Université Libanaise) M.A. (UL, Université Libanaise) Ph.D. (Universidad de Granada-Spain)|
Ibrahim Noureddine (Ph.D.), is an Archaeologist with multiple research interests that vary from Egyptology, Maritime Archaeology, and eastern Mediterranean Bronze and Iron Age Archaeology. Since the Mid 1990’s, he has actively led and participated in Classical, Urban and underwater archaeological excavations from the early Bronze, Middle Bronze and Late Bronze Age periods in different sites such as Syria: Tell Karma and Tell Kazel; Lebanon: Byblos, Beirut, Jiyeh and Tyre. Previously, he was a member of the Amenhotep III Mortuary Temple excavations at -Luxor, Egypt, and currently a member of the Spanish excavation and restoration project at Thutmosis III Mortuary Temple- Luxor, Egypt.
Dr. Noureddine obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Granada Spain. His dissertation work focused on Harbours of the central Levantine Coast from the late Bronze and Iron Age periods. Recently, he initiated The Canadian archaeological Research Organization (CARO)
- Mediterranean Harbors of the Bronze and Iron Ages.
- Egyptian archaeology (New kingdom).
- Harbor and Shipwreck investigations.
- Thutmosis III Excavations: http://thutmosisiiitempleproject.org/index.php/en/
- (CARO) Canadian archaeological Research Organization: http://www.caroexpeditions.org
- Les peuples de la mer ont-ils eu une influence sur la plus ancienne rade de Tyr? Colloques de la Maison Archéologie et Ethnologie, René-Ginouvès “MAE” (in press).
- Stone Anchors Offshore Byblos, BAAL ( Autumn 2016).
- Recent observations on the Phoenician harbor at Tyre, (BAAL Hors-Serie VIII
- Shipwreck investigations in the waters of Tyre, (Baal 14, 2010)
- New Light on the Phoenician Harbor at Tyre “near eastern Archaeology” (NEA)
Boston University 2010.
- Recherches archéologique sous-marine à Tyr (BAAL 11, 2007)
- Underwater Archaeological survey at Jiyeh, Roman and Byzantine settlements
on the southern coast of Lebanon season 2005. (BAAL 2006)
- Tyre Ancient Harbor(s)Report of the 2001 Underwater Survey Mission, Tyre’s
Northern Harbor (BAAL, Hors series II, 2005)
- Mission de recherches geo-archeologiques à Tyr (Liban) Année 2002
Geomorphologie littorale et archeologie sous-marine (BAAL Hors series II 2005)
- A Phoenician Jetty at Tyre’s northern harbor, TROPIS “The 9th international
congress in ship building and marine Archaeology” 2005.
- Un promontoire sous-marin au large du port antique de Byblos: cartographie,
interprétation géologique et implications archéologiques. (BAAL 6, 2004).