What is this service?
BigBlueButton (BBB) is a web-based video conferencing service for hosting virtual classroom meetings of up to 100 users, including:
- An interactive meeting room with audio, video, presentation, chat, polling, shared notes, and whiteboard capabilities that allows students to be fully engaged in the online environment.
- A recording feature that allows online meetings to be automatically recorded and posted in Brightspace.
How do I obtain this service?
- Students: accessed within Brightspace, if your instructor chooses to use.
- Instructors & TAs: Add to your course via Brightspace.
- no charge
- Students: carleton.ca/brightspace/students/participating-in-bigbluebutton
- Instructors: carleton.ca/brightspace/instructors/bigbluebutton
How do I receive support for this service?
- TLS Support Portal for general help with BigBlueButton (BBB)
- Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
What is included?
- Key Standard Features:
- Non-standard Features
- Consultation on use
- Service Exclusions
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.