Service Provider: ITS
Service Type: Connectivity
What is this service?
This service provides internet connectivity to all wired and wireless networks on campus.
It consists of multiple, independent connections to the internet, as well as traffic-shaping equipment to ensure priority access for academic and administrative access to the Internet.
Note: For access to the wired or wireless network see Wired Network Connectivity or Wireless Network Connectivity.
How do I obtain this service?
This service is delivered automatically with Wired Network Connectivity or Wireless Network Connectivity.
How do I receive support for this service?
If you are able to access other services on-campus, but not the services on the internet, contact:
ITS Service Desk
Support Availability – ITS Service Desk:
|Hours of Operation
(Fall-Winter) Library Hours
Closed: Statutory Holidays (Details)
|Location||IT Help Desk, 4th Floor MacOdrum Library|
What is included?
- Key Standard Features:
- Multiple, redundant connections from Carleton’s campus networks to the internet
- Traffic shaping to ensure priority to academic and administrative access to the internet
- Monitoring of internet connection utilization and capacity
- Regular upgrades of internet connectivity capacity as required
- Non-Standard Features:
- Prioritization of specific internet traffic
- Denial of Service (DoS) attack mitigation
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.