Join the Carleton community Wednesday, January 4 to Friday, January 13, 2023, as we welcome students (back) to campus. While many students were on campus in the fall term, there are new students joining us. The start of a new term is also an opportunity to remind students of services and resources. We look forward to helping Ravens navigate campus and explore services and activities.
You can help welcome new and returning students to Carleton by requesting a button to wear and a sign to display in your office. You can also download digital Ask Me buttons and banners for your social media profile.
Request Your Buttons and Sign
Requests for Ask Me materials closed on Wednesday, December 21, 2022. Thank you for your support.
About Ask Me
The annual Ask Me campaign is designed to heighten the sense of community at Carleton and, through the support of as many faculty and staff as possible, help contribute to making all students feel part of a caring community. The campaign aims to help new and returning students make a successful transition to university by ensuring they feel comfortable contacting faculty and staff for any questions or assistance they might need. Welcome to Carleton University!
Each year, faculty and staff join the campus community in welcoming new students while also requesting student support resources for their offices and departments. Visit our Supporting Our Students page or use the Service Search on the Current Students website to help connect students to services.
You are encouraged to wear the Ask Me button and post a sign in your office and add the virtual version to your office or department’s social media in January. New and returning students, may of which have not been on campus before, will be encouraged to ask community members displaying the Ask Me button for assistance or guidance.
- Check out the Supporting Our Students page to explore resources and services designed to help you support students throughout their university experience.
- Keep up to date with all student news, events, services and important dates on the Current Student website.
- Students should download Carleton Mobile, our mobile app for current students, which allows them to view their schedule, access grades and receive emergency notifications.
- Encourage students to use the Carleton360 Student Portal, accessible via the Current Students website. This complete student experience hub provides one-stop, easy access to Carleton Central, cMail and Brightspace.
- Learn about the variety of programming designed to support students and ensure a successful return to an in-person, on-campus experience with fun events and programming to welcome back the Return of the Ravens.
- Remember that when contacting Carleton, students must use their Carleton email account.
Check out the student site at students.carleton.ca for answers to other questions like:
- How can students get involved to become part of the Carleton community?
- When are fall and winter break?
- Why do students need a Campus Card?
- Is there a way to opt-out of anything for the school year?
- What resources are there to help guarantee student success during this school year?
- Is there someone from Carleton able to be contacted online to help students cope with a family or academic crisis?
Download Your Digital Ask Me Button
You can download digital Ask Me buttons and profile banners for your personal or office social media profile. Students can be directed to students.carleton.ca for student news, events, important dates and support services.
Once you have access if you have any trouble downloading the Ask Me button, profile banner or any of the other resource materials or if you have any questions about the Ask Me campaign, please email email@example.com.