The purpose of the Student Communications Policy is to increase the awareness and use of communication tools available for use and to promote best practices in the selection of communication tools when communicating to students. To achieve this, the policy identifies three guiding principles:
- Consistency: Using communication vehicles consistently based on the type of message
- Consolidation: Aggregating messages using communication vehicles like websites and newsletters
- Simplification: Making it easy for students to find what they need
Three resources were developed to support this policy.
- Communication tool chart to help determine the most appropriate tool for a message
- Approval processes for communication tools
- Guidelines for the Collaborative Use of Communication Channels
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.