- When: August 18, 2017
- Time: 8:30 am — 4:00 pm
- Location: Richcraft Hall
- Intended Audience: Prospective Students
- Cost: Registration for Summer Orientation is $30 +HST for students and $30 +HST for each guest (parent, family member, other). This includes all programming, all-you-can-eat lunch and a parking permit for the program date.
- More Information
Summer Orientation is a one-day program for new students and their parent(s) or guardian(s). Each session focuses on promoting student academic success and personal development. As the first step in a student’s transition to Carleton University, we strongly encourage all new incoming students and their parent(s) or guardian(s) to actively participate.
In addition to receiving a welcome from the President of Carleton University, picking up the student Campus Card and UPASS, doing a campus tour, and attending an all-you-can-eat-lunch at the Fresh Food Company, there will be sessions on the following subjects:
- Academic Expectations (with a guest faculty member)
- Academic Support Services
- Residential Life or Off-Campus living
- Financing an Education
- Campus Services (Campus Card, Campus Safety, Health Plan, Involvement Opportunities, Dates and Deadlines)
- Fall Orientation
While students receive a review of their course selection with an academic advisor, parents and guests will have a chance to attend a session for Supporting Your Student Through Transition, Parent Communication, and FIPPA.