- What is Summer Orientation?
- 2019 Summer Orientation Dates
Summer Orientation is a program for new students and their parent(s) or guardian(s). Each session focuses on promoting student academic success and personal development. As the first step in a student’s transition to Carleton University, we strongly encourage all new incoming students and their parent(s) or guardian(s) to actively participate.
In addition to receiving a welcome from the President of Carleton University, picking up the student Campus Card and UPASS, doing a campus tour, and attending an all-you-can-eat-lunch at the caf, there will be sessions on the following subjects:
- Academic Expectations (with a guest faculty member)
- Academic Support Services
- Residential Life or Off-Campus living
- Financing an Education
- Campus Services (Campus Card, Campus Safety, Health Plan, Involvement Opportunities, Dates and Deadlines)
See the Summer Orientation schedule to learn more about what each session includes.
Summer Orientation sessions will be held on:
Friday, August 9: Faculty of Science Spotlight Session (SOLD OUT)
Saturday, August 10: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and Faculty of Public Affairs Spotlight Session (SOLD OUT)
Friday, August 16: Faculty of Engineering and Design Spotlight Session (SOLD OUT)
Saturday, August 17: Open Session
Friday, August 23: Open Session
Saturday, August 24: Open Session
- Provide you with tailored information to your particular faculty and give you the opportunity to meet other students in your program. To find out what Faculty you fall under, please find your program in the Undergraduate Calendar.
- Provide you with information targeted at all new Carleton students. If you cannot attend your Faculty Spotlight Session or have not declared a major, these sessions are for you!
- Visiting the Summer Orientation FAQ page.
- Applying for your Campus Card.
- Reviewing Pathways to Graduation.
- Following the Student Experience Office on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.