What is Summer Orientation?
Summer Orientation is a one-day program for new students and their parent(s) or guardian(s). Each session focuses on promoting student academic success and personal development. As the first step in a student’s transition to Carleton University, we strongly encourage all new incoming students and their parent(s) or guardian(s) to actively participate.
In addition to receiving a welcome from the President of Carleton University, picking up the student Campus Card and UPASS, doing a campus tour, and attending an all-you-can-eat-lunch at the caf ) there will be sessions on the following subjects:
- Academic Expectations (with a guest faculty member)
- Academic Support Services
- Residential Life or Off-Campus living
- Financing an Education
- Campus Services (Campus Card, Campus Safety, Health Plan, Involvement Opportunities, Dates and Deadlines)
- Fall Orientation
While students receive a review of their course selection with an academic advisor, parents and guests will have a chance to attend a session for Supporting Your Student Through Transition, Parent Communication, and FIPPA.
See the Summer Orientation Schedule PDF. Please note the Summer Orientation program is now over for the season.
2019 Summer Orientation Dates Will Be Available in February 2019
Faculty Spotlight Sessions:
- Provide you with tailored information to your particular faculty and give you the opportunity to meet other students in your program. To find out what Faculty you fall under, please find your program in the Undergraduate Calendar.
- Provide you with information targeted at all new Carleton students. If you cannot attend your Faculty Spotlight Session or have not declared a major, these sessions are for you!
You may also be interested in:
- Reviewing our Summer Orientation Brochure PDF
- Visiting the Summer Orientation FAQ page.
- Applying for your Campus Card.
- Reading the CU Start Guide.
- Following the Student Experience Office on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.