Now Hiring – Summer Orientation Leaders 2018
The Student Experience Office is now hiring Summer Orientation Leaders for 2018. Summer Orientation Leaders are an integral part of implementing the Summer Orientation program. The Summer Orientation program is designed to welcome new students and their parents into the Carleton Community. Each one-day Summer Orientation session is designed to promote the student’s success at Carleton University through a variety of informative presentations and a campus tour.
2018 Summer Orientation Dates
The 2018 Summer Orientation Program will be announced soon. Registration for the program will open in March, 2018.
What is Summer Orientation?
Summer Orientation is a one-day program for new students and their parent(s) or guardian(s). Each session focuses on promoting student academic success and personal development. As the first step in a student’s transition to Carleton University, we strongly encourage all new incoming students and their parent(s) or guardian(s) to actively participate.
In addition to receiving a welcome from the President of Carleton University, picking up the student Campus Card and UPASS, doing a campus tour, and attending an all-you-can-eat-lunch at the Fresh Food Company, there will be sessions on the following subjects:
- Academic Expectations (with a guest faculty member)
- Academic Support Services
- Residential Life or Off-Campus living
- Financing an Education
- Campus Services (Campus Card, Campus Safety, Health Plan, Involvement Opportunities, Dates and Deadlines)
- Fall Orientation
While students receive a review of their course selection with an academic advisor, parents and guests will have a chance to attend a session for Supporting Your Student Through Transition, Parent Communication, and FIPPA.
See the Summer Orientation Schedule.
You may also be interested in:
- Viewing Summer Orientation Brochure.
- Visit the Summer Orientation FAQ page.
- Read the The Top Ten Reasons to Come to Summer Orientation.
- Apply for your Campus Card.
- Read the CU Start Guide.
- Follow the Student Experience Office on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.