2017 Summer Orientation Dates
The 2017 Summer Orientation Program is now closed. For information and to register for Fall Orientation, please click here.
What is Summer Orientation?
Summer Orientation is a one-day program for new students and their parent(s) or guardian(s). Each session focuses on promoting student academic success and personal development. As the first step in a student’s transition to Carleton University, we strongly encourage all new incoming students and their parent(s) or guardian(s) to actively participate.
In addition to receiving a welcome from the President of Carleton University, picking up the student Campus Card and UPASS, doing a campus tour, and attending an all-you-can-eat-lunch at the Fresh Food Company, there will be sessions on the following subjects:
- Academic Expectations (with a guest faculty member)
- Academic Support Services
- Residential Life or Off-Campus living
- Financing an Education
- Campus Services (Campus Card, Campus Safety, Health Plan, Involvement Opportunities, Dates and Deadlines)
- Fall Orientation
While students receive a review of their course selection with an academic advisor, parents and guests will have a chance to attend a session for Supporting Your Student Through Transition, Parent Communication, and FIPPA.
See the Summer Orientation Schedule.
You may also be interested in:
- Viewing Summer Orientation Brochure.
- Visit the Summer Orientation FAQ page.
- Read the The Top Ten Reasons to Come to Summer Orientation.
- Apply for your Campus Card.
- Read the CU Start Guide.
- Follow the Student Experience Office on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.