The purpose of this Fund is to support the cost of experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate students at Carleton University. At the discretion of the Director of the Student Experience Office the income from this fund will assist in defraying the costs of student conference travel within Canada and the United States.
If in a given year there are no students travelling within North America to attend a conference, then the fund will support general student experiential learning assisting students to participate in activities and experiences that are not part of degree requirements but are very important in their development as leaders and in their overall learning experience at Carleton. These experiences may include (but are not limited to) travel for study and research, competitions, and attending international conferences and workshops. Endowed in 2017 by Mr. Paul Bregman in recognition of their belief in the importance of student travel and the exchange of ideas through conference attendance.
How to Apply:
Students are able to apply for this award via a self-nomination. Two (2) students will be selected by the Awards Committee, and each selected student (2) will be presented with a $2000 award at the 2022 SOAR Student Leadership Conference.
- be an undergraduate student at Carleton University
- demonstrate a passion for intercultural learning
- have a conference, workshop, or learning opportunity identified with a proposed budget including expenses
- demonstrate the anticipated learning outcomes from their experience and how they will apply these in a way that enriches our Carleton community
- demonstrate leadership experiences and outline future aspirations
|Applications Open||October 15, 2021|
|Application Close||November 15, 2021 @ 9am|
|Selection Process||November 15 to November 30, 2021|
|Candidates Receive Notice of Status of Award||December 1, 2021|
|Presentation of Award||SOAR Student Leadership Conference
To apply for this award, complete the application form below.