The Student Experience Office manages the allocation of classroom space through the EnCampus Enterprise Portal for Carleton University-accredited campus groups, academic societies, and CUSA certified clubs.
In order to secure a space on campus, you will need to have an understanding of the rules and regulations listed below. Please review these procedures in-depth prior to submitting a space booking request as you and your group will be responsible for ensuring they are upheld over the duration of your event.
The Student Experience Office is not responsible for the set-up process of the event space. It is the responsibility of the individual/group to take the necessary steps to ensure they have any accommodations in place that will be needed to host their event beforehand. This includes making additional arrangements such as audiovisual services through TLS, Aramark for catering, or CUSA for additional tables/chairs.
The event organizer is also responsible for ensuring the space is restored to its original condition and layout once their booking has come to an end. Failure to do so may result in caretaking charges to the individual who booked the space.
Food and Beverage Services
Groups of students are not permitted to bring food onto campus for group activities, sales or any other purpose. If you are planning to have food at your event, please contact Aramark Catering. Exemptions to this policy can be obtained by following the process outlined in the university’s Food Services Policy.
Audio-Visual Equipment Services
Classroom audio-visual equipment can be booked through Teaching and Learning Services (TLS). Students receive a discounted rate from TLS. The misuse or unauthorized use of TLS equipment can result in the suspension of space booking privileges and/or charges to the account of the student who booked the room.
Violation of the Space Booking Contract by an individual or group may result in the forfeiture of space booking privileges and/or charges to the account of the student who signed the contract. Room bookings will be audited to ensure that the use of space is in accordance with the Space Booking Contract.
Risk Management Forms
Campus events are an integral part of the Carleton University community. They bring together community members from many diverse backgrounds and enhance the university experience. To ensure that all university sanctioned events (both on and off campus) are appropriately planned and safe, community members are required to complete the Events Risk Management Form minimum 14 days before your event.
The Events Risk Management Form is located on the CUx site.
The Events Risk Management Form should be completed if your event has one of the following elements:
- Scheduled activity occurring on or off campus
- Features a speaker
- Alcohol is being served;
- A sports-like activity is planned;
- Transporting students by means of chartered bus or rental vehicle
- Any activity that has the potential to result in damage to the individual person, or physical property.
In the event you are not sure your event has any potential risks associated with it, then err on the side of caution and complete the Risk Management Form. Completing it will only take 5-10 minutes.
NOTE: It is important to complete the Events Risk Management Form for the following reasons:
- To provide adequate time to plan resources to support events.
- University staff can offer advice or assistance in helping to organize an event and help to assess any risks that may associate with their activity;
- To ensure a student activity is covered by insurance (either CUSA’s or the university’s); if your event is not approved by the university, you may be personally required to accept any liabilities that result from your activity. Protect yourself by using the Risk Management Process!
Complete a Risk Management Form:
- Access the Risk Management Form using the following link – CU Risk Management
- Select the type of event you are hosting
- Provide the required details regarding your event
Failure to submit a Risk Management Form may result in the cancellation or delay of space booking requests, as well as impact future space booking privileges for the accredited student organization/group.
In the case that Campus Safety or the University’s Risk Management Committee mandates the presence of security for an event, such additional services (provided by Campus Safety or otherwise) will be at the full expense of the organization sponsoring the event.
If you have questions concerning the Student Events Risk Management form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Space Now!
If you are ready to book a space, click on the button below to be directed to the Enterprise Portal.
Space booking request should be made a minimum of 14 days in advance in order to be taken into consideration and processed in time. Booking requests that require a risk management form will not be approved without an approved risk management form. Please note that during the final examination period (December 10 – 22, 2023), only events that are in academic in nature, such as study workshops, will be approved.
Please note, the Enterprise portal will not allow submissions within a 5 day period. Booking requests are processed a maximum of 3-4 weeks in advance.
Other Space Booking Options
- Students can book study spaces and meeting booths in the MacOdrum Library through the EnCampus Enterprise Portal or via the Carleton Mobile app.
CUSA Clubs and Societies
- CUSA provides booking services for several spaces both on and off campus. Additionally, CUSA offers tables, chairs, and access to equipment such as projectors and speakers. Bookings are free for all registered CUSA Clubs & Societies with a refundable deposit for some items and are available to other organizations for a small fee.
- Students can book space in the Galleria through the Campus Card Office.
- Students can book a multipurpose space through Conference Services for a fee.