The Life Skills 101 Podcast is a series of episodes that will engage, empower and encourage Carleton University students to identify, grow and reflect upon life skill development, through a variety of enriching episodes featuring young Carleton Alumni. Alumni will share their successes and challenges to support students in building persistence and capacity, and provide a space for skill development and reflection for listeners.
By listening to the Life Skills 101 Podcast, we hope that students will:
- Have more tangible examples of success stories from a local content
- Have the opportunity to obtain advice, referrals and resources in creating their career and life paths
- Be able to view post-secondary education as a continued and viable option
- Feel greater confidence in navigating and building upon their life skills, whichever they may be
- Have the opportunity to connect students with Career Services and/or the Alumni Mentorship Program through the Carleton University Alumni Association, to take further steps in forging their career paths
- Have had the opportunity to network with fellow students, alumni, etc.
- Episode 1: Be Bold, Fail Forward, and Stay Well with Emily Kate Gray
- Episode 2: From Raven to Reporter: The Importance of Campus Involvement with Sissi De Flaviis
- Episode 3: It Takes a Village to Create Something Extraordinary with Keenan Reynolds
- Episode 4: From Orientation Onwards with Ben O’Bright
- Episode 5: The Power of Resilience with Elizabeth Manley
Students who listen to three podcast episodes, and complete the reflection form for each, will be able to receive credit as a Life Skills 101 Podcast Subscriber on their Co-Curricular Record.