Offered by Carleton University’s School of Public Policy and Administration, the Master of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership prepares graduates to be innovators and leaders in charities, nonprofits, advocacy organizations, social enterprises, philanthropic foundations, development offices, and in the governments, financial institutions and businesses that interact with them.
Mission and Focus
We work with networks of practitioners, academic researchers, and policy makers to undertake collaborative research and to provide innovative learning opportunities on emerging issues in the non-profit and voluntary sector, with a focus on:
- Sustainability and Leadership
- Policy and Practice
- Connections and Community
Our Motivation and Objectives
Acting as a catalyst and convener, and linking research to practice and policy, the Centre seeks to:
- Enhance understanding and knowledge of the distinctive contributions of the non-profit and voluntary sector to the quality of life of citizens and community vitality;
- Promote a broader knowledge of and response to the priorities and complex issues of the sector;
- Strengthen the capacity of non-profit and voluntary organizations and of the sector as a whole; and
- Encourage closer co-operation between practitioners, academics, and policy makers
- Dedicated to civil society and the non-profit and voluntary sector.
- Founded on mutual respect, reciprocity and the practical co-operation between practitioners, academics, and policy makers.
- Sustained by a commitment to social justice, democracy, and diversity.
- Committed to producing work of the highest quality.