The Mexican Department of Energy (SENER) and the Mexican National Science and Technology Council (CONACYT) call for scholarships on hydrocarbons is currently open. Application deadline is July 13. This call is for doctorate, masters or specialty full-time face-to-face programs in the hydrocarbon energy sector (HR and technical).
- Mexican professionals in specialty, master’s or doctorate programs of conventional type with exclusive dedication in Mexico or abroad; as well as in blended and / or part-time programs in Mexico, in institutions and programs authorized by CONACYT.
- Mexican students can apply to these to study in institutions which have collaboration agreements signed with CONACYT or higher education institutions within the top 200 of the Time/QS rankings.
To apply, students must have their acceptance letter of the university and other qualifications that are stated in both of the calls attached.
The postgraduate programs for which the scholarship is requested must meet one of the following priority areas of interest, defined by the CONACYT Secretariat of Energy-Hydrocarbons:
- Basic: Programs associated with the study of exact sciences and their relationship with the subsector energy in the field of hydrocarbons, for example: physics, chemistry, mathematics, etc.
- Specific: Programs associated to the different processes of the hydrocarbon subsector in the exploration and extraction, industrial transformation, logistics and transport industries,
- Operation Support: Programs associated with disciplines that support operations in processes and subprocesses of the hydrocarbon subsector, for example, systems, IT, instrumentation, environmental impact and sustainability, etc., and
- Support on Management: Programs associated to the integral management of the subsector hydrocarbons. For example, regulation, resource management, planning, negotiation, economics, social sciences, etc.
Please find the details on the CONACYT website: www.conacyt.gob.mx