Carleton University students, staff and faculty should register in the CU-Travel Registry when participating in university related travel outside of Canada. This includes but is not limited to:
- Student travelling on an exchange
- Faculty and students doing research in international locations
- International field trips, placements and internships
- Language training programs
- International athletic competitions
How to Update the Travel Registry:
- Log into your Carleton Central Account
- Under ‘personal information’, select Travel Registry
- Click on the Add Travel button to initiate an entry
- Indicate the date that you will be leaving Canada and your expected date of return.
- If you will be travelling to more than one international location, your expected date of return should be the date you will be leaving to go onto your next destination. Note that this does not apply to destinations you visit on connecting flights during the course of your travel.
- Complete a separate entry with the appropriate dates for each leg of your journey.
- If you will be travelling on exchange, indicate the host institution you will be attending, but use the mailing address of the location where you will be staying while away.
- Indicate an emergency contact with whom University officials can communicate in the event of an emergency.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the International Student Services Office.
Information for Faculty Members travelling abroad:
It is strongly recommended that faculty members use the Travel Registry to document travel outside of the country.
We also recommend that you provide your department and at least one other person a copy of your itinerary, including information on how to contact you locally. The itinerary should also indicate periods when you will be completely unavailable; for example when conducting research in remote locations.
In the event of a natural disaster or emergency in your location, the University will make every effort to communicate with you as soon as possible and offer any assistance feasible. It is, therefore, essential that you update the Travel Registry with your travel plans and any changes to those plans as soon as they occur.