SSHRC Expired / NSERC Expired
NSERC and SSHRC offer an automatic one year extension for some of their grant programs to allow researchers to conclude any outstanding activities and expenditures (e.g., NSERC Discovery, Insight). Other programs do not typically allow any extension or will extend based on express request by the PI to the agency.
At the end of the one year automatic extension, Research Financial Services will close the agency grant account. Should you wish to request funds to complete your SSHRC or NSERC research, please answer the following questions and forward to Lisa Saunders.
- Activities to be undertaken;
- Provide a budget and justification (corresponding to 50% or less of the allocated grant. Any higher amount is deemed to be an unspent grant and a reimbursement is required.);
- How does the proposed work relate to the original purpose of the grant?;
- Timeline for spending; and
- Will your methodology involve human participants, animals or biohazards.
- requests will be reviewed by OVPRI on a case by case basis
- any activities and expenditures must be completed within a maximum of one year of award
- requests will only be approved if the activities to be undertaken are designed to complete the work that was proposed in the original funded grant application
- conference travel will only be reimbursed if the applicant is presenting a paper; confirmation must be provided to Research Financial Services as part of the travel claim
- conference registration fees will be covered without conference attendance only if they are required for the inclusion of paper submitted in the published proceedings