The Sub-Awards Process:
We manage sub-awards* (transfer of funds) for:
- CIHR (Canadian Institutes of Health Research)
- CRCC (Canada Research Coordinating Committee)
- NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council)
- SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council)
* For NSERC CRD and Alliance subawards, please contact Jenna Pepper at jenna.pepper@Carleton.ca or 613-520-2600 x 5548.
** For International subawards, please contact Asli Eran at Asli.Eran@Carleton.ca or 613-520-2600 x 4411
Just ask Lisa.
Tri-Agency and Canadian Foundations
Sending a transfer to another institution?
Submit an outgoing transfer request:
- Start an event in cuResearch. (Download illustrated step by step instructions HERE)
- Be sure to include:
- Sub-recipient institution name
- Co-investigator’s name and email address
- Amount to be issued
- Scope of work/use of funds
- Start and end dates for sub-award
- Any additional information
- Sign the transfer: The Research Administrator will send you the transfer agreement when it is ready. You only need to sign and return it and your job is done.
- Note that your partner institution will receive the funds after the form is fully executed and submitted to Research Financial Services, as organized by the Research Administrator.
Receiving a transfer* as a co-applicant?
Submit an incoming transfer request:
- Select “Apply New” in the top right on the cuResearch homepage.
- Select “Approval Form” under CORIS awards.
- Sign the transfer: The Research Administrator will send you the transfer agreement once it is received from the collaborating institution. Please sign and return the form.
- Your partner institution will send the funds to you through Carleton’s Research Financial Services.
* We will receive your transfer request in CORIS. We need you, the researcher, to submit an Approval Form through cuResearch so we can open an account for your transfer.