Looking to make a request for residual funds, make your request HERE.
SSHRC Expired / NSERC Expired
NSERC and SSHRC offer an automatic one year extension for some of their grant programs to allow researchers to conclude any outstanding activities and expenditures (e.g., NSERC Discovery, Insight). If within three months of the end of the extension period, you have not completed the deliverables originally stipulated in the SSHRC or NSERC grant, you may request a one year maximum extension of your use of funds. If you have any questions, please contact Tony Crawford.
- Requests will be reviewed by Office of the Vice-President Research and International on a case by case basis
- Any activities and expenditures must be completed within a maximum of one year of award. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED.
- Requests will only be approved if the activities to be undertaken are designed to complete the work that was proposed in the original funded grant application
- Conference travel will only be reimbursed if the applicant is presenting a paper; confirmation must be provided to Research Financial Services as part of the travel claim
- Conference registration fees will be covered without conference attendance only if they are required for the inclusion of paper submitted in the published proceedings