The Research Post-Award (RPA) team is a service offered by Office of the Vice-President, Research and International. It is designed to support researchers holding external awards (i.e. grants and contracts) with navigating the policies, processes, and practices associated with research-related expenditures. Service delivery methods include: email, phone, instant messaging over MS Teams and screen share through (MS Teams/Zoom).
To connect with the RPA Team send an email to email@example.com
Some examples of how the RPA Team can help. We can:
- provide the correct research-related expense documents to be completed and explain (verbally/ interactive screen sharing) the fields if required, such as the Independent Contractor Questionnaire, Online Pay Profile, Hourly Submission, etc;
- respond to questions related to particular fields in the Carleton financial systems (SAP Concur, eShop, Graduate Requisition Payment System)
- address queries related to locating, understanding and retrieving award data in FAST My Research, for example looking up fund balances and/or individual expenses, setting-up automated reports, etc.;
- interpret sponsor and University financial policies, procedures and guidelines, such as those related to grant funded employment, eligible expenditures, reporting requirements.
The RPA Service compliments the existing post-award support services in the Faculties and Departments, as well as:
- Research Financial Services: Compliant research fund creation and management, including financial reporting, transactions and invoicing.
- FACTS (Financial Administration Community Training and Solutions): support or training in the areas of financial administration, financial systems, or day to day business activities, including:
Post-Award Administrator (Acting in Role)
Post-Award Administrator (On Career Development Advancement)