October 13-14, 2017
The CU75 Carleton Connects: Community-Academic Expo celebrates Carleton’s 75th anniversary by showcasing the University’s community partnerships with a focus on accessibility, global citizenship, Indigenous communities and knowledges, and sustainability.
REGISTER today! Registration closes October 11, noon.
This two-day event provides opportunities to:
- Strengthen existing relationships with wider community networks;
- Reflect on the practices of equitable partnership building;
- Develop new connections; and
- Envision how Carleton can continue to foster community partnerships in the decades to come.
Carleton Connects kicks off in the evening on Friday, October 13, 2017, and continues through the day on Saturday, October 14, with a full day of concurrent sessions, partnership exhibits and poster displays, networking and a closing plenary. The Expo is a free and inclusive event, and will include participants and presenters who are Carleton University students, staff, faculty, alumni, and retirees; local, national, and international community partners; and the general public. Registration now open!
Major event highlights include:
- Friday, October 13 – An evening reception and networking event featuring a keynote speaker and short performances and presentations on each of the four themes of accessibility, global citizenship, Indigenous communities and knowledges, and sustainability. The exciting kick-off evening of celebration also includes community partner exhibits and poster presentations of students’ community-based projects.
- Saturday, October 14 – This is the main Expo day. Participants and presenters are invited to take part in four sessions (two concurrent morning sessions and two concurrent afternoon sessions) related to the four Expo themes. At the end of the day, we’ll spend some time sharing lessons learned and doing some strategic planning for Carleton University’s future partnerships with community.
Call for Exhibits/Posters - Submission deadline is September 22, 2017
The CU75 Carleton Connects: Community-Academic Expo invites submissions for display exhibits and posters from community partners, students, staff, faculty, and/or instructors working in community-campus partnerships, particularly (though not limited to) in the areas of (1) accessibility, (3) global citizenship, (3) Indigenous communities and knowledges, or (4) sustainability.
To submit a proposal for an exhibit or student poster, please click here.