Please note: The 2021 admission cycle is now complete and will we not be considering application until the 2022 academic year. Prospective students are invited to apply for March 15th, 2022. Kindly reach out to us for any information about the program.
- All applications are submitted through Carleton 360 by selecting the appropriate program (Type 2 or Type 3). If you are not a current Carleton University student and you do not already have a Carleton 360 account, you will need to choose Register for Carleton 360. A non-refundable application fee in Canadian funds is payable by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or INTERAC Online for each program application.
- Complete applications received by March 15th will be assessed by mid-April. Applications can be submitted after March 15th, but they will only be assessed if space remains in the program. During this time frame, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability. Currently we are not considering new applications for Fall 2021.
Type-2 and Type-3 program
- The Type 2 and Type 3 master’s level graduate diplomas are designed to serve professional development needs. The Type 2 diploma is for graduate students in other programs who seek to strengthen or broaden their conceptual and technical skills in curatorial studies. The Type 3 diploma is for individuals who are not currently registered in a Carleton graduate program.
- Both diplomas have the same requirements and are comprised of 3.0 credits, and are designed to be completed in one year (twelve months). Students may take the program on either a part time or full-time basis.
- An Honours bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a related discipline, with a B+ standing. Students pursuing a Type 2 Diploma must also fulfill the admission requirements of their degree program and must submit separate applications for each program via Carleton 360.
- Professionals interested in the Type 3 Diploma, who do not satisfy this degree requirement, must demonstrate professional excellence in the arts and cultural heritage sector. The applicability of previous coursework and/or professional experience will be determined on an individual basis.
- Download the PDF with Instructions for Required Documents for the Curatorial Studies Program.
- 613-520-2600 x 2177