What is it?

A Faculty Research Center (FRC) is a collaborative research model where faculty members with diverse expertise, but common research interests, work together in a research related environment at Carleton.  These research centers are typically organized within a single faculty and are accountable to the faculty dean.

Why is it important?

These units are self-sustaining and do not receive financial support from the University operating budget.  They may offer their services, for a fee, to internal and external groups.

Where do I find more information?

For information about setting up an FCR please contact your Dean.