Once you have created the expense report, follow the steps below and add mileage …
- In an open expense report, click on the blue ‘Add Expense’ button.
- In the window that opens, click on the ‘Create New Expense’ tab.
- Type ‘Mileage’ in the ‘Search for an expense type’ field.
- Click on ‘Personal Car Mileage’.
- Note: Choose ‘Personal Mileage – Custom Rate’ for non-Canadian residents.
- Complete all mandatory fields in the ‘New Expense’ window.
- Note: Mileage rates can vary by month. Be sure that the ‘Transaction Date’ field reflects the date that you traveled or mileage for a given month only.
- Note: National Joint Council rates are determined by the province you live in (i.e. your home address).
- Click on the blue ‘Save Expense’ button.
TIP: If you begin by clicking on the blue ‘Mileage Calculator’ text to calculate the mileage for the ‘Distance’ field, it will also fill in the ‘From Location’ and ‘To Location’ for you.