Expo Carleton is an exciting, inclusive, and experiential event that benefits both incoming students and Carleton’s clubs, societies and campus services. This event is a great opportunity to showcase what the university has to offer students as well as promote school spirit and involvement.
When is Expo Carleton?
Expo Carleton will be held on Tuesday, September 5th, 2023
Where is Expo Carleton?
Expo Carleton will be held at Carleton Athletics in the Fieldhouse.
Why should we showcase at Expo Carleton?
You should attend Expo as it is a great way to show how you can benefit incoming students, spread awareness about your cause or society, meet new people, and recruit new members. More than three thousand students attend Expo Carleton every year, making this an opportune moment to promote your club and/or society around the Carleton campus and community.
What do I need to bring to Expo Carleton?
Each club and society at Expo Carleton will be provided with one table and at least one chair. Tablecloths will be available for $2 and all proceeds go to Carleton’s Shinerama Campaign. You are encouraged to bring materials that highlight your club/society, this could include handbills, pamphlets, or merchandise. Please note, food is not permitted in the Fieldhouse.
Who will be attending Expo Carleton?
Expo takes place during Fall Orientation, so all participants are encouraged to attend. However, it is not limited to Fall Orientation participants. All students are welcomed to attend!
Do I have to pay to have a booth at Expo Carleton?
Expo Carleton is free for Carleton students to display their club, society or campus service.
Is Expo Carleton accessible?
Although an outstanding amount of students attend Expo Carleton, the event is fully accessible. If you have any concerns about accessibility, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare your materials in advance.
- Have a clear understanding of how your society or cause will be operating this Fall semester.
- Remember that students may only have a limited time to meet your group leaders, be prepared to share high-level points.
- Design an eye-catching video with members of your group to show students the personality running through your society or cause; this can be shared/promoted through the Fall Orientation website and/or social media channels!
- Make sure that all of your social media sites and contact information are up-to-date!
- Prepare an FAQ and information handout.
- Be around on the day of to answer any questions that may float across your social media.
- Develop how you want students to sign up to participate in your club or cause.
- Be enthusiastic, be engaging and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.