Expo Carleton is an exciting, inclusive, and experiential event that benefits both incoming students and Carleton’s clubs, societies and campus services. This event is a great opportunity to showcase what the university has to offer students as well as promote school spirit and involvement.
When is Expo Carleton?
Expo Carleton will be held on Tuesday, September 7th, 2021 from 1pm-4pm.
Where is Expo Carleton?
Expo Carleton will be held virtually this year using MS Teams and Zoom.
Why should we showcase at Expo Carleton?
You should attend Expo as it is a great way to show how you can benefit incoming students, spread awareness about your cause or society, meet new people, and recruit new members. More than three thousand students attend Expo Carleton every year, making this an opportune moment to promote your club and/or society around the Carleton campus and community.
What do I need to bring to Expo Carleton?
This year, you will need to provide a brief description of your cause or society, create a short video on your cause or society (if you would like), and participate in a Live event the day of. Please note that this year, all students (not just first years) are welcome to attend Expo- this may affect the number of materials you need.
Who will be attending Expo Carleton?
Expo takes place during Fall Orientation, so all participants are encouraged to attend. However, it is not limited to Fall Orientation participants. All incoming students are welcomed to attend!
Do I have to pay to have a booth at Expo Carleton?
Expo Carleton is free for Carleton students to display their club, society or campus service.
Is Expo accessible?
Although an outstanding amount of students attend Expo Carleton, the event is fully accessible.
- Prepare your materials in advance.
- Have a clear understanding of how your society or cause will be operating this Fall semester.
- Remember that students won’t be physically with you this year, so highlight what you do in an engaging way.
- Design an eye-catching video with members of your group to show students the personality running through your society or cause!
- Make sure that all of your social media sites and contact informations are up-to-date!
- When doing Live presentations, integrate multimedia and interactive components into your presentation.
- Make sure your electronic devices are charged for Live sessions.
- Be around on the day of to answer any questions that may float across your social medias.
- Develop how you want students to sign up to participate in your club or cause.
- Be enthusiastic, be engaging and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact Teddy Kozela.