A day of discussions about the increasing indebtedness of the elderly.
The School of Public Policy and Administration is hosting this free conference that is open to the public. Lunch is included.
Date: August 8, 2017 at 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Location: 2nd floor conference rooms Richcraft Hall
Contact Email: email@example.com
Does Debt Impair Health?
- Fenaba Addo, University of Wisconsin
- Lynda Colley, Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County
- Patricia Drentea, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Stacy Yanchuk Oleksy, Credit Counselling Society
Moderator: Saul Schwartz, School of Public Policy and Administration, Carleton University
Insolvency and Overindebtedness
- Amy Mix, Legal Counsel for the Elderly, an affiliate of AARP
- John Pottow, University of Michigan
- Deborah Thorne, University of Idaho
Moderator: Robert Lawless, University of Illinois
- Catarina Frade, University of Coimbra
- Luciane Lucas, Federal University of Southern Bahia and University of Coimbra
- Tamara Madern, Hogeschool Utrecht
Moderator: Nadja Jungmann, Hogeschool Utrecht
- Wanda Morris, CARP
- Jane Rooney, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
- Laura Watts, Canadian Centre for Elder Law, University of British Columbia
Moderator: Calum Carmichael, School of Public Policy and Administration, Carleton University
This research was supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada.
Thank you to our other sponsors: Office of the Vice-President (Research and International), Faculty of Public Affairs, Hogeschool Utrecht, University of Coimbra, University of Illinois, and the Canadian Association of Gerontology.