Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
November 30, 2023 at 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Creating a portfolio of your work, activities, and accomplishments can serve you well in a variety of contexts. When searching for academic work, having a solid teaching portfolio prepared is crucial. When searching for non-academic work, having a portfolio on hand can help in networking and preparing applications. In this workshop, you will learn the various functions of portfolios, the process of planning and creating PhD and teaching portfolios, and practical considerations for presenting portfolio “artifacts” in an accessible manner.
- Describe the main objectives of portfolios
- Identify the purpose, audience, and focus of the portfolio types relevant to graduate students
- Outline the process of planning and creating PhD and teaching portfolios
- Indicate the key principles of creating the portfolio’s conceptual framework
- Employ best-practices to create a mindmap or an outline for a portfolio
Public Engagement; Communication; Digital Tools
Please note: Because this workshop takes place during Spring/Summer, time spent in these workshops cannot count toward paid pedagogical training hours.
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW