Welcome to Trajectories – a program designed to help you take charge of your skill development while earning one or more non-credit certificates. Trajectories is open to all current Carleton graduate students and postdocs.
There are currently three Certificate Pathways available:
(To learn more, click on the Certificate Pathways below)
To earn a certificate, you will need to
(1) Register in a Certificate Pathway in order to be added to the Brightspace course for Trajectories
(2) Attend required and elective sessions
(3) Complete an online self-assessment (on Brightspace) for each session attended
(4) Submit a one-year action plan (on Brightspace), and
(5) Request a one-on-one consultation to review your progress and receive feedback on your future plans.
Upon completion, you will receive both an electronic and print version of your certificate along with a notification on your Co-Curricular Record (for those with active Carleton Central accounts).
Trajectories is designed to be flexible. You may complete the requirements at your own pace, over multiple terms or up to a maximum of two academic years. Most of our workshops are offered in both fall and winter terms in order to help you avoid any scheduling conflicts.
Trajectories is informed by the idea that the best learning opportunities are dialogic in nature. As you attend the sessions and implement what you learn, you will have access to one-on-one consultations to receive feedback on your work, plans, and progress.
Click below for a brief overview of Trajectories workshops:
If you have any questions, contact the Graduate Professional Development team:
David Lafferty, PhD
Karim Abuawad, PhD