IESP Science students enroll in:
- One first-year seminar credit course
- BIOL1103: Foundations of Biology
- BIOL1104: Foundations of Biology II
- one of: NSCI 1000; ISAP 1001; ENSC 1500 (dependent upon stream)
- MATH 1007: Elementary Calculus I
- Two non-credit workshops designed to build the skills needed to succeed in university studies
Prerequisite subjects: 4U advanced functions (min 60%), two 4U level science courses (min 60%)
Admission to Science after IESP
- To earn admission to a B.Sc ISAP: Students must successfully complete the IESP Science stream with an overall minimum CGPA of 6.0 (C+ 67%-69%) for admission to a science degree (3-year program).
- Students must have a core CGPA of 6.0 (C+ 67%-69%). The core average is calculated across all science and math courses taken in IESP.
- To earn admission to a B.Sc Honours: students applying to an Honours (4 year) program must successfully complete the IESP Science stream with an overall minimum CGPA of 7.0 (B- 70-72%) and also require one of: 4U Biology, Eart and Space Science, or Physics (minimum of 60%).
- Students must also have a core CGPA of 7.0 (B- 70-72%). The core average is calculated across all science and math courses taken in IESP as well as the additional grade 12 advanced science course (4U Biology, Earth and Space Science, or Physics).
Visit here for more information on Carleton’s grade point scale and here for how a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is calculated.
Please note: students with previous post-secondary studies may have different standards. Please consult email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.