- What are the minimum educational requirements for admission to IESP?
Applicants must meet the following minimum educational criteria:
- Ontario high school applicants: must submit a complete application and have three Grade 12 credits at the U or M level (4U English is recommended but not required), and be eligible for their OSSD.
- Out-of-province high school applicants: must submit a complete application, have a high school diploma and half their grade 12 credits in the academic/university stream.
- Mature applicants (the IESP office will consider those who have been away from full-time studies for a two-year period and who have not undertaken other college or university study as “mature”): must submit a complete application and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- College/CEGEP applicants: must submit a complete application and may be considered after the completion of one year in a college program.
- University students: please contact email@example.com about whether our program can assist you.
- What is the application deadline?
The IESP application is now open. The application deadline is Friday, June 16, 2023.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries or questions you may have.
- Who should apply?
First Nation, Métis, and Inuit students interested in beginning university studies who:
- would like academic and social support
- have taken time away from school and wish to start in a supported environment
- have potential but may lack the grades needed for traditional admission
- have come from across Canada
- have diverse educational and/or professional backgrounds and experiences
- have included both recent high school and/or college graduates and mature students who have decided to undertake university studies after years in the workforce
- How do you apply?
IESP does not base its admissions decisions on high school or college/university grades alone. For this reason, we ask students to submit an Application Package including an application form, two letters of reference from teachers, a personal statement and an application fee.
IESP applications are not made through the Ontario University Application Centre. Instead, you apply directly to the program, below.
Share: Twitter, Facebook
Short URL: https://carleton.ca/indigenous/cisce/?p=852