An Indigenous Peer Mentor is an experienced student who is willing to participate in the reciprocal process of sharing their knowledge, skills and expertise to facilitate a new student’s transition into university life and help build their leadership skills.
To become an Indigenous Peer Mentor, you must:
- Self-identify as First Nations, Métis, or Inuit
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student, 2nd year standing or higher, at Carleton University
- Be in good standing in their academic program
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Show compassion and empathy for others
- Be knowledgeable of campus resources
- Have the ability to, or be willing to learn, to use online platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom
- Present a clear Vulnerable Police Record Check
- Be willing to commit to communicating regularly with your assigned student
- Attend training sessions
All Indigenous Peer Mentors are interviewed before being matched with a new student. We invite you to apply early.
Indigenous Peer Mentor Application Form
If you are interested in applying, please complete the form below. Form submissions will be delivered to email@example.com, where you are welcome to send any questions or comments.