IESP Arts & Social Science students enroll in:
- One first year seminar credit course
- Two First-year elective courses, chosen from a list of first-year courses supported by IESP
- Two non-credit workshops designed to build the skills needed to excel in university studies
IESP Supported Elective Courses
- INDG 1010/1011 Introduction to Indigenous Peoplehood Studies/Introduction to Indigenous-Settler Encounters
- LAWS 1001/1002 Introduction to Legal Studies I/II
- COMS 1001/1002 Introduction to Communication and Media Studies
- PSYC 1001/1002 Introduction to Psychology I/II
- SOCI 1001 /1002 Introduction to Sociology I/II
- SOWK 1001/1002 Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare I/II
Admission to a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree after IESP
Students who successfully complete the IESP Arts & Social Science Stream with an overall minimum CGPA of 6.0 (C+ 67-69%) are eligible for admission to most of Carleton’s Bachelor of Arts Programs. Some BA programs may require a higher GPA or have prerequisite subjects for high school.
Please note: students with previous university studies will have different standards. Please consult email@example.com for advice.